Viral Marketing Explained with Trending Examples and StrategiesFebruary 13, 2019
BJP Unique Marketing Strategy for Election – Chai Pe CharchaMarch 31, 2019
Importance of Brand Promotion in Marketing
In today’s fast-paced world and over cluttered marketplace, it is more vital than ever to promote recognition of a service or product. Only when you implement unique brand promotion strategies you are memorised as a quality service provider.
Decades ago, branding was only confined to a name, sign, slogan, symbol or design. Back then, that was enough to distinguish one company’s products and services from that of another.
However today, the term ‘branding’ has become a little more complex and even more important.
The importance of brand promotion in marketing is not just about getting your target market to select you over your competition. It’s more about getting your potential clients to see you as the sole provider of a solution. Therefore, before implementing ideas, activities and strategies to promote your brand, make sure they conform to the following:
- Emotionally connect the target audience with a product/service
- Clearly deliver a brand’s message
- Confirms the brand’s credibility in the marketplace
- Motivates the buyer to make a purchase (Call-to-Action)
- Creates user loyalty
Top 4 Marketing Activities to watch for in 2022
As per a report published by Dentsu India, the digital industry is expected to reach a market size of
18,938 crores by 2021. The digital advertising industry is growing and while traditional media still seems
to be resilient, certain advertising ideas will blow up by 2022.
1. OOH media advertising (Out-of-Home advertising)
The pandemic seems to have highly impacted the OOH industry as its worth has decreased from Rs
3,910 crore in 2019 to Rs 2,160 crore in 2021.
Despite the drop in the OOH ad spend, the industry still has not lost its vital position as one of the most
popular traditional advertising media.
● Why the OOH industry can blow up by 2022?
- As the lockdown is shifting and people are stepping out, the demand for OOH advertising could see an
- As the CEO of MOMS Outdoor Media Solutions said, the industry has already experienced lockdown
so now it’s more informed than before to make strategic plans.
- The industry has got enough time to install new upgrades like the data and technology-enabled DOOH
screens which would prove beneficial for advertisers to advertise effectively.
2. Coffee Cup Advertising
This one has many benefits and fewer chances to fail. Many businesses tend to neglect this medium
because they are unaware of how targeted even an offline coffee cup advertising campaign can be.
From the location, profession, offer, CTA to more specific demographics like age, you can make your
coffee cup branding campaign just as targeted as an online marketing campaign.
We know this because we have done it for our various clients like Uber, Hotstar and even for the hit
movie, Drishyam 2.
● Why paper cup advertising can blow up by 2022?
- Food delivery sector has already seen a huge rise in sales as a result of Covid-19 and as the pandemic
improves, we might get to see a spike in street food, restaurant businesses.
This would mean an increased opportunity to get your paper cups seen by a whole lot more people.
- With the government banning single-use plastic from 2022, paper cups would become the go-to for
food stalls, Cafes, restaurants across the country.
- It’s a new, clutter-free and cost-effective way of advertising
If you want to learn more about how you can use paper cup advertising for your brand promotion and why paper cup advertising works, read this short blog.
3. Influencer marketing
Influencer marketing is been trending since 2020 and we expect it to keep up the uptrend towards 2022.
It seemed to have become a go-to marketing strategy for brands as the Covid-19 has forced TV
commercials shoots on hold.
Especially, micro-influencer marketing is seeing massive growth due to it’s low-cost, high engagement
● Why influencer marketing could be trending in 2022?
- With cookie tracking going away by 2022, brands are now finding new ways to advertise to their
targeted audience. Influencer marketing being a targeted way of marketing with high engagement rate
will see a significant increase.
- Micro-influencer marketing has shown to give higher engagement rates and an overall better ROI in
2021 so, the trend is likely to continue.
- 2022 will witness influencers becoming content creators making them more effective for brand promotions as advertising via influencers who are seen as experts in their field can bring in a better ROI.
4. Newspaper advertising
The newsprint industry is one of the highly impacted industries by Covid-19. During 2020, the industry plunged to 300$/metric tonne. The prices now have started to see a rise as at the beginning of 2021, the newspaper industry was at 700$/metric tonne.
● Why the newspaper industry might see a fresh trend in 2022?
- The newspaper industry is on the path to recovery after its sharp decline in 2020.
- The prices of newsprint ads have started to rise once again and as the country starts to get up and running smoothly, we may see a rise in the distribution of newspapers in 2022.
- The credibility and popularity of newspapers in India can’t be compared to digital news. So, no matter the
digital transformation in India, newspapers are not going anywhere for at least years to come.
Though the digital industry is seeing massive growth, traditional advertising media isn’t that far behind
From your own experience, you might agree that people have got bored staying within their homes
People want to go out, travel, eat at their favourite restaurants, watch their favourite movie-stars film
on PVR, so as more and more people are being vaccinated, trains are made available and the overall restrictions
are lifted, we would be able to see the traditional media industry bouncing back.
Here‘s a quick recap of this blog:
4 Brand Promotion Trends to Watch Out in 2022
- The OOH industry (Out-of-home industry)
- Coffee cup advertising or paper cup advertising
- Influencer marketing
- Newspaper advertising
Image Source: Google