“Marketing is all about visibility, and OOH campaigns leave a strong mark on viewers’ minds. If they look at the same banner/ billboard over 7-8 times, it remains in their brain for life. – Shaan Rizvi, CEO & Founder, Plaxonic“
Offline marketing helps in building a top-of-the-mind recall for your brand & helps build loyalty among your customers. Even with the online marketing trend today, offline marketing is still relevant and important for success for a lot of brands. Here are some latest statistics about traditional media & offline marketing which marketers should know.
Latest Offline Marketing, Traditional Media Statistics that Brands Need to Know
- As per the data by (R.C. Brayshaw, 2020), Print ads require 21% less cognitive effort to process
- Programmatic digital out of home advertising (pDOOH) is expected to increase from 3.2% in 2019 to 14.8% in 2022 (eMarketer)
- As per (Nielsen), 62% of consumers notice digital billboards
- As per the R.C. Brayshaw, 2020 research it is found that print ads generate a 20% higher motivation response—even more so if it appeals to more senses beyond touch.
- According to Mansi Media, 58% of adults aged 18 to 34 and more than 60% of adults aged 35 years and above read a newspaper
- A study based on data collected from 900 coffee consumers demonstrated that all participants could remember what they saw on the printed paper cups. 98% of the participants could even remember what they read in the message printed.
- While many people assume billboards are ineffective in today’s climate, that’s far from true. The ROI of 497% and are expected to have a 10% annual growth rate throughout 2021
- According to The “Billboard and Outdoor Advertising Global Market Report 2020-30: COVID-19 Growth and Change,” about 82% of viewers were able to recall a DOOH advertisement that they saw over a month ago.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, those 55 and older spend the most on transportation, clothing, and pension/social security. So companies in the transportation or clothing space may find more success with advertising to the older generation than others using traditional media.
- As per a survey by Muck Rack, 2021, 94% of journalists prefer to receive pitches via one-on-one email. On the other hand, 66% dislike receiving pitches via phone.
- As per a study by (Cision, 2021), most journalists prefer to have at least two days of breathing room before PR pros follow up on their pitch.
- Report from forecaster PQ Media says traditional media will dominate at $762.52 billion worldwide (December 2021)
- In a survey of 2,194 people at Miami Beach where aerial advertising is often employed, 88% of participants were able to recall the passing of an aerial ad within 30 minutes; 79% were able to recall exactly what was being advertised, and 67% could recall at least half of the message.
- Indian adults spent 3 hours, 56 minutes (3:56) more with traditional media every day than with digital in 2021 – Emarketers
- The global billboard & outdoor advertising market is expected to grow from $61.67 billion in 2021 to $66.80 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3%.
- Ad spending in the Print Advertising segment is projected to reach US$51,237m in 2022.
- The largest segment is Newspaper Advertising with a market volume of US$36,259m in 2022.
- Ad spending in the Magazine Advertising segment is projected to reach US$14,979m in 2022.
- Ad spending in the Traditional OoH Advertising segment is projected to reach US$21,508m in 2022
- (OOH) advertising saw revenues plummet 32% in 2020. PwC estimates ad revenues will increase to $8.4 billion in 2021 – Report source
The data suggests how offline marketing though is still not projected to rise above the strong trend of the digital media industry, is still relevant to consumers in many ways. Online marketing is important for businesses to effectively market their business to customers at scale and nurture them at every stage, offline marketing can help build brands a strong top-of-the-mind recall making it just as much important for large-sized businesses especially.
We hope this article will help you make better marketing decisions, form more effective branding & marketing strategies in 2022.
Please feel free to drop us a comment to suggest what would you like to see more of. 🙂
If you’re a medium to large-sized business in India, looking to do sustainable, profitable, effective offline marketing, OOH advertising, DOOH, BTL activation, auto branding, bus branding, RWA, or anything that has to do with traditional media & offline marketing, branding, give us a call at +91 888 444 2846 or drop us an email at email@example.com.
We would be happy to assist you.